British Grove Studios – Privacy Notice
British Grove Studios (“ us ”, or “ we ”) are the “data controller” in respect of your personal information. This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any of your personal information we collect from you or third parties, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how it will be treated.
1. HOW AND WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect and process personal information when you :
- contact us or request information from us in any way;
- purchase and use any of our services; and
- participate in our client satisfaction surveys.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
We may collect and process the following personal information about you which you provide:
- contact details (such as your name, address, email address and telephone number);
- demographic information (such as age and/or other information that may identify you as an individual);
- your recordings, photographs and other creative materials;
- responses to any client satisfaction surveys (unless these are provided anonymously); and
- financial and credit card information.
We will also collect and store information about your use of British Grove Studios.
If you contact us with a complaint or query, we may keep a record of any phone number used to call us as well as the related correspondence.
When you visit our website, we may also collect information from you automatically, for example using cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may set on your device. This type of information may include the following:
- information about your device operating system and IP address;
- browser type and version; and
- information about your visit on our website, including URL, length of visits on pages, and page interaction information.
The cookies we may use fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies: These allow our site to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies: These are stored on your device in between browser sessions. They allow your preferences or actions across the site to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate the site and use its features.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our site, e.g. which pages you go to most often.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the site to remember the choices you make (such as language) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies or otherwise withdraw your consent in relation to cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the site.
3. PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the information and services you have requested;
- for system administration purposes;
- to monitor your use of our website to improve the user experience and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to provide client support and ensure we provide a good level of client service;
- to notify you of any changes to our services;
- if you are filmed, photographed or recorded, your image or likeness may be used in promotional materials;
- for security and fraud prevention;
- to ensure that our website is safe and secure; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
4. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent : For example, where you have provided your consent for us to transfer your recordings, photographs and other creative materials to another studio. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our clients and operate effectively as a recording studio, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights.
- Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, where you have purchased our services from us and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to provide the services to you.
- Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation. For example, to support NHS Test and Trace, we are required to collect and keep a record of staff and visitors who come onto our premises for the purpose of contact tracing.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA or the UK, including countries, which have less strict, or no data protection laws, when compared to those in the EEA or the UK.
Whenever we transfer your information as described in the paragraph above, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. In these cases, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (such as standard contractual clauses) to ensure your information is subject to adequate safeguards in the recipient country. If you are located in the UK or the EEA, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
6. HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. For example, we may keep a record of the services we have provided to you for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Where we have collected the personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal information.
Our website and services are not intended for, and should not be used by, children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13.
8. DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with our service providers, where they are helping us to provide our services to you.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the following cases:
- in the event you ask us to transfer your recordings, photographs and other creative materials to a third party, such as another studio;
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our clients and visitors to our websites will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
9. YOUR RIGHTS
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include: the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information.
We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details below.
You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights.
If you have such concerns we request that you initially contact us (using the contact details below) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
10. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this privacy notice at any time. The new privacy notice will be displayed on our website. The date this privacy notice was last updated appears at the bottom.
11. CONTACT US
Questions and comments regarding this privacy notice should be sent to:
Andrew Cook - email@example.com
Jason Elliott - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our registered offices are located at:
BG STUDIOS LIMITED
64 New Cavendish Street, London, W1G 8TB
Company number 04825535
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 16 February 2021.